THE GRAND CONCERT ORGAN
The 1888 Conacher /1922 Willis Organ is still serving Hanley today. It was built by Peter Conacher for the Royal Victoria Exhibition in 1887, purchased by Potter George Meakin, who then donated it to Hanley Borough Council for the opening of the Victoria Hall in 1888.
Enlarged by Henry Willis III in 1922 it is now ranked as one of the finest Concert Hall Organs in the world. It has an array of beautiful tone colours, a wide dynamic range, from very quiet sounds to the majestic “Full Organ”, enhanced by the highly acclaimed famous acoustic of the hall.